Offal from poultry processing comprising blood, intestines, fat, carcass’s and heads but not feathers is a rich source of potential energy. Waste industry figures indicate that for every 100,000 chickens processed 32 tonnes of organic waste (wet weight) will be produced). Waste to energy
- Utilising high rate fixed film digestion plus ultra sound this material will generate roughly 6,400m³ high quality biogas per day (Methane).
- 6,400m³ of biogas will power a cogenerator with the capacity to produce 750kW electricity plus 100kW heat.
- Reduce energy bills with an achievable return on investment in three years.
- The environmental benefit will be a reduction of 1,125 kg’s CO2 emitted to atmosphere.
- Water recovered may be used for wash down, irrigation or other purposes.
- Waste disposal costs will be eliminated or significantly reduced.
- Smell from stored waste reduced or eliminated.
- Water discharge fees will be significantly reduced as COD/BOD and nutrient levels can be reduced by up to 95%
- Effectively address your company’s legal and moral obligations in relation to global warming and greenhouse gas emissions.