A by-product of biodiesel manufacture, glycerol is the highest yielding liquid organic waste stream encounted by Active Research. Utilising fixed film high rate anaerobic digestion with ultra sound the waste stream (glycerol) can be very productive.
- Intense sonication is required to emulsify the oil content to facilitate bacterial activity.
- Exceptionally high COD content (>900,000mg/l) will produce abundant biogas to fuel a cogeneration or trigeneration plant – high energy recovery
- Waste management charges eliminated or dramatically reduced
- Reduce energy bills with an achievable return on investment in three years.
- Effectively address your company’s legal and moral obligations in relation to global warming and greenhouse gas emissions